Products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included
1. This Chapter does not cover:
(a) Edible products (other than guts, bladders and stomachs of animals, whole and pieces thereof, and animal blood, liquid or dried);
(b) Hides or skins (including furskins) other than goods of heading 05.05 and parings and similar waste of raw hides or skins of heading 05.11 (Chapter 41 or 43);
(c) Animal textile materials, other than horsehair and horsehair waste (Section XI); or
(d) Prepared knots or tufts for broom or brush making (heading 96.03).
2. For the purposes of heading 05.01, the sorting of hair by length (provided the root ends and tip ends respectively are not arranged together) shall be deemed not to constitute working.
3. Throughout the Nomenclature, elephant, hippopotamus, walrus, narwhal and wild boar tusks, rhinoceros horns and the teeth of all animals are regarded as "ivory".
4. Throughout the Nomenclature, the expression "horsehair" means hair of the manes or tails of equine or bovine animals. heading 05.11 covers inter alia, horsehair and horsehair waste, whether or not put up as a layer with or without supporting material.
Explanatory remarks to Chapter 4
1. The importation of products covered by this chapter derived from religiously banned animals is prohibited.
2. The importation and exportation of parts of wild animals and birds covered by this chapter are subject to the approval of the Environment Protection Organization.
3. Importation is subject to the observance of Article 16 of the Law on Foodstuffs and Beverages approved in 1967.
4. The importation and exportation of products derived from the animals covered by this chapter are subject to the observance of Article seven of the Veterinary law approved in 1971.
5. The importation of products covered by subheading 0502 is prohibited. (*).
6.import and export of genetic transformed living creatures and transgenic products bound to save national, security and biological legal provisions with the previous authorization of Ministry of Agriculture- Jahad.
|0501 00 00||Human hair, unworked, whether or not
washed or scoured; waste of human
|05 02||Pigs’, hogs’ or boars’ bristles and hair;
badger hair and other brush making
hair; waste of such bristles or hair.
|0502 10 00||- Pigs’, hogs’ or boars’ bristles and hair
and waste thereof
|0502 90 00||0502 90 00||-||-||Kg||5|
|0504 00 00||Guts, bladders and stomachs of animals
(other than fish), whole and pieces
thereof, fresh, chilled, frozen, salted, in
brine, dried or smoked.
|05 05||Skins and other parts of birds, with
their feathers or down, feathers and
parts of feathers (whether or not with
trimmed edges) and down, not further
worked than cleaned, disinfected or
treated for preservation; powder and
waste of feathers or parts of feathers.
|0505 10 00||- Feathers of a kind used for stuffing;
|0505 90 00||- Other||-||-||Kg||55|
|05 06||Bones and horn-cores, unworked,
defatted, simply prepared (but not cut
to shape), treated with acid or
degelatinised; powder and waste of
|0506 10 00||- Ossein and bones treated with acid||-||-||Kg||5|
|0506 90 00||- Other||-||-||Kg||5|
|05 07||Ivory, tortoise-shell, whalebone and
whalebone hair, horns, antlers, hooves,
nails, claws and beaks, unworked or
simply prepared but not cut to shape;
powder and waste of these products.
|0507 10 00||- Ivory; ivory powder and waste||-||-||Kg||40|
|0507 90 00||- Other||-||-||Kg||40|
|0508 00 00||Coral and similar materials, unworked
or simply prepared but not otherwise
worked; shells of molluscs, crustaceans
or echinoderms and cuttle-bone,
unworked or simply prepared but not
cut to shape, powder and waste thereof.
|0510 00 00||Ambergris, castoreum, civet and musk;
cantharides; bile, whether or not dried;
glands and other animal products used
in the preparation of pharmaceutical
products, fresh, chilled, frozen or
otherwise provisionally preserved.
|05 11||Animal products not elsewhere specified
or included; dead animals of Chapter 1
or 3, unfit for human consumption.
|0511 10 00||- Bovine semen||-||-||kg||5|
|0511 91 00||-- Products of fish or crustaceans, molluscs
or other aquatic invertebrates; dead
animals of Chapter 3
|0511 99||-- Other:||-||-||-||-|
|0511 99 10||--- Live semen||-||-||Kg||5|
|0511 99 20||--- Cochineal||-||-||Kg||5|
|0511 99 40||--- Semen||-||-||Kg||5|
|0511 99 50||--- Silkworm seeds||-||-||Kg||5|
|--- Prings and waste of raw hide of bovine
|0511 99 60||-||-||Kg||5|
|0511 99 90||--- Other||-||-||Kg||55|